The FSA ID serves as an electronic signature for federal financial aid items (FAFSA, loan applications), and is used to access Federal Student Aid’s online systems.
NOTE: each student and at least one parent needs his/her own FSA ID. Parents may use the same FSA ID for multiple family members.
- First-Year Students
- Transfer to Lake Forest
- International Students
- Meet Your Counselor
- Visit Campus
- Financial Aid
- High School Counselors
An FSA ID will allow you to:
- electroncially sign the FAFSA
- access your financial aid application (FAFSA) data
- make corrections to the FAFSA at a later time
- access your financial aid history
- access and electronically sign your federal loan master promissory note, deferment and forbearance forms
Apply for an FSA ID. See “Helpful Links” on the right.
Notes about your FSA ID
- Your FSA ID stays the same from year to year
- Your parent’s FSA ID may be used for different children.
Need Help With Your FSA ID?
- Call the Federal Student Aid Information Center, 800-433-3243
- Call the Office of Financial Aid, 847-735-5103
Both student and parent need his/her own FSA ID!