The City of Lake Forest and the North Shore are rich with resources for recreation, entertainment, culture, and more.
The City of Lake Forest, population 20,000, is a safe, suburban community recognized for its natural beauty, sensitivity to open space and preservation of its historic structures and landscapes. A vibrant downtown business district, including historic Market Square and the Metra train station, is a ten minute walk from campus. The beautiful Lake Michigan beach is a five minute walk from campus.
The College’s shuttle makes regular runs into downtown Lake Forest as well as to other communities and shopping districts. The Metra train also provides access to towns along the North Shore and Chicago.
Popular stores nearby
- Target: 4.6 miles from campus - 975 Rockland Rd. Lake Bluff, IL
- Walgreens .7 miles from campus - 296 E. Deerpath Rd. Lake Forest,
- CVS .7 miles from campus - 520 N. Western Ave. Lake Forest, IL
- Target - 313 E. Townline Rd. Vernon Hills, IL
- Home Depot - 493 N. Milwaukee Ave. Vernon Hills, IL
- Walmart - 555 E. Townline Rd. Vernon Hills, IL
- Bed Bath & Beyond - 413 N. Milwaukee Ave. Vernon Hills, IL
- Westfield Hawthorn Mall - 122 Hawthorn Center Vernon Hills, IL